What took us so long? How much worse did it have to get before public outrage would finally focus on those who caused the problem and those who are milking us dry? Several of us have been pleading in blog after blog for more than two years to build a broad-based assault on Wall Street. Where was our answer to the Tea Party? Well, here it is.
If you still harbor any doubts that Wall Street is the right target, here are 10 reasons to consider:
1. Wall Street caused the crash
2. The Wall Street crash directly caused the gravest unemployment crisis since the Great Depression
3. Wall Street profited from the bailouts and remains unaccountable
4. The super-rich are getting richer
5. The super-rich are paying lower and lower taxes
6. Financial elites pay lower taxes than their secretaries
7. None of those who caused the crash have been prosecuted
8. Wall Street is much too big and its salaries are much too high
9. Wall Street still owns the regulators
10. Financial innovation is a joke
Does Wall Street pay or do we? In the end, it comes down to a clear-cut struggle between the few and the many.