Avignon (France) (AFP) - A Moroccan man was stabbed to death in his own home in southern France in what a Muslim group called a "horrible Islamophobic" attack the week after France was rocked by the Charlie Hebdo killings.
- Mohammed holds 'Je suis Charlie' sign in new Charlie Hebdo AFP
- Ahead Of The Charlie Hebdo Attacks, France Was Already On High AlertHuffington Post
- Charlie Hebdo will live on: Hollande AFP
- Charlie Hebdo and Europe's Rising RightHuffington Post
- Anti-Muslim Attacks After Charlie Hebdo Highlight France's Long History Of Islamophobia Huffington Post
The 28-year-old attacker forced the front door of his neighbours' house in the picturesque village of Beaucet near Avignon just after midnight on Wednesday shouting "I am your god, I am your Islam" before repeatedly stabbing Mohamed El Makouli, the National Observatory Against Islamophobia said Friday.
The 47-year-old man was disarmed but later returned with another knife and attacked the father-of-one again, this time killing him.