Sanaa (AFP) - At least 22 civilians have been killed in air strikes by a Saudi-led military coalition near Yemen's rebel-held capital Sanaa, witnesses and residents said on Sunday.
The first strike hit a site where locals were digging an aquifer in Beit Saadan, a village of the Arhab region north of the capital, on Saturday afternoon killing and wounding several people, they said.
As residents rushed to help victims, a second air strike was carried out causing more casualties and material damage, they added.
In all 22 people were killed and seven wounded, several sources in the village said, adding however that the toll could rise because some bodies had been blown to pieces and could not be identified.
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment